Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Wednesday Update - Prayers Needed

Everything was going well until just a bit ago. While the family was out having lunch, Gavin's blood pressure went way up and he flat-lined. Doctors and nurses got him back and have him stablized again. They are trying to figure out what is causing the high blood pressure. There is still a little bleeding but the doctors and nurses say it is minimal. The doctors and nurses reminded the family that the first 24 hours after surgery are the most critical and the 24th hour won't be reached until about 6pm. Continue to pray for Gavin and for Adam and Faith, as well as the rest of the family. Will update again asap.

5 comments:

Erin said...

MANY prayers are being said on your behalf in Murfreesboro tonight. We hate knowing that you are dealing with the up's and down's of Gavin's recovery this afteroon/evening. We pray that he will stabilize soon and that the doctors will use their skills to improve baby Gavin's condition very soon. We are sending prayers and love your way!!

Erin & Jon

erika said...

I'm glad they were able to stabilize him. You're in our thoughts. Call if you need to - I'll have the phone near my bed. Don't worry about waking me - call whenever you need to!!!!

Desiree said...

I know that the two of you are scared, but trust in the Lord and he will hold you in his hands. Everything is going to be alright. We are still praying for you. I know that you have a lot of support but if there is anything I can do just give me a call. I'm always here!

carmen said...

Faith & Adam,
Know that I am praying for you all. You are a wonderful family and Gavin has touched my life as you all have. He will forever make me a better nurse! Talk to you soon!
Nurse Carmen
(one of the nurses fighting over Gavin!)

justin & lauren moore said...

adam and faith stay strong for your little baby just as God is staying strong for you. we are praaying for gavin and you too we love you
lauren and justin