Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Gavin's Fire Party!

We had a pretty low key party for Gavin this year. We started off with breakfast at our house with some of Gavin's good friends from church. After breakfast we loaded 6 little boys up and headed to the local fire station for a tour. The boys had a blast, learned about fire safety, watched the fire man put on his gear, pet the fire dog and "drove" the fire trucks. After a fun time with friends, Gavin and I met Nana, Granny & Pepa at Chick-fil-a for Gavin's favorite lunch. Before we could leave the parking lot Gavin was passed out in his car seat. We got home and we both went down for naps. About 20 minutes into me laying down I received a phone call from my OB. I was kind of shocked because it was him personally on the phone instead of his nurse. The week before Dr. N had ordered some blood work drawn because of some unusual symptoms I had been having. Well the test results came back positive for cholestasis. (Click on the word for more information). So he wanted me to come in immediately and draw some more blood work, do a Non-Stress Test and get a steroid shot to prepare Brody's lungs for birth NEXT WEEK! He was originally scheduled to be born on October 28th, so he will be early! During all of this excitement, our family was arriving at our house for Gavin's "family party". Thank you Granny for setting everything up and to my mom and Adam for sitting with me at the doctor's office. I went back in today for my second steroid shot, I go back Friday for another NST and again next week. So with this we ask AGAIN for prayers for our baby boy and that he will be healthy upon arrival next week. This has been a roller coaster of a pregnancy and I really need prayers for a positive attitude and to trust in God's plan for us. Now on to a lighter note... here are the pictures from yesterday...

Breakfast/Fire station party with friends...







The Family Party...

Gavin giving his brother a hug, "thanking" him for his presents...
Such a sweet boy, going around giving hugs and thanks to everyone...

4 comments:

Kara said...

Gabe and I are praying for u. God will carry you through this! Can't wait to meet little Brody! I think he just wants to let you know who is boss! :)
Gavin's birthday looks like so much fun! Such a great idea to take them to the fire station...that is every little boy's dream. He is the most adorable little guy!

The Simmons Family said...

What a wonderful birthday party!!!

We'll be praying that baby Brody is perfectly healthy, that his heart is healed and that his body is strong! I love the picture of Gavin kissing your belly... he's going to be a great big brother!

Tammy said...

Very cute. I love them. We are praying for you guys.

Lindsay said...

Love love love the donuts! Can you tell me where they are from?