Monday, October 15, 2007

October 13, 2006....

.....Mid-Morning I got my epidural, after Adam ran out to "get sick" in the bathroom, we were ready to have this baby! Around noon the doctor came in and said I was not progressing anymore and that it would be best to deliver Gavin via C-Section, to insure that all the proper doctors (because it was getting late on a Friday afternoon) would be in the operating room to take care of Gavin. Then it hit us, this is REALLY happening. Adam got his scrubs on and we were wheeled through the hallway by the waiting room. The nurses/doctors were amazed at the parade of people we had standing there cheering us on! Our family/friends took up the whole waiting room, no joke! We get in the operating room and the doctors and nurses are listening to music and playing "music trivia". I guess they were trying to lighten the mood, while I was about to hyperventilate and they had to get Adam a chair because he was getting a little weak in the knees. The C-Section process began, and within a matter of seconds we heard a whimper followed by a LOUD cry! Tears streamed down my face as I realized that Gavin was breathing. Best part of the day! Adam ran over and took lots of pictures and got to hold him for a couple of seconds before they took Gavin away in his tiny incubator. I had not idea until later, but the whole gang in the waiting room got to peak at Gavin as they took him to the NICU. After that it was all a blur.... Here are some pictures from the day of Gavin's birth...

No comments: